Thursday, March 02, 2006

Aspartame may cause seizures

My name is Sean Houlihan. I’m writing you to hopefully inform your audience of Aspartame. I’m a former Board Member of Epilepsy Foundation If you are not aware, aspartame is by far the most toxic sweeter and caused me seizures for 15 years (and subsequent brain surgery). This same scenario is currently underway thousands of times over across the country. Class action suites are already underway for seizures and aspartame.

The military has recently warned its pilots not to use aspartame because of seizures. http://www.aspartamesafety.com/toc.htm (5 sections down on the page) Coke also knew that aspartame caused seizues in controlled studies with monkeys, and initially opposed it being approved because smart biochemist warned of this years ago.

http://www.newstarget.com/008952.html http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/fda_... Through bribes and payoffs, aspartame was approved. Here is how my own personal story went down.As a 17 year old, weight-conscious teen I began drinking diet coke like water (and continued until about 2 years ago)- at least a two liter bottle a day. My "dizzy spells" ensued about 2 months later. In '85, when they started I actually brought it up to my doc - “could it be the diet coke?”

He dismissed it (in hindsight, he would not have known of anything because it had just been approved). I continued to drink diet coke (at minimum a liter a day for 15 years - which a lot of people do). My seizures continued, and I had debilitating anxiety. (all classic aspartame poisoning symptoms- aspartame destroys the central nervous system by preventing the synthesis of seritonin. http://www.laleva.cc/food/aspartame_awareness... ) I have read studies done on humans and the reactions were so severe they had to be stopped (in NYC , in '96 my mom and dad thought they were going to have to take care of me for the rest of my life because I was such a neurotic mess, anxiety, seizures etc….)

My neurosurgeon now agrees with me as of three months ago – he said in '97 when I had my surgery that they still were not quite aware of this. This may sound crazy, until you research it on the web, and find hundreds, even thousands of stories exactly like mine. Hundreds of independent studies that conclusively prove it causes seizures and anxiety. Mid 80’s, (when aspartame got approved) started drinking a lot of diet coke, seizures started, etc….

I have read countless stories of this / my exact case, people put on the same anti seizure medication, and 10-15 years of their life ruined (though none quite as bad as mine) Coke has paid off studies, and regularly threatens lawsuits from preventing this from being mainstream knowledge but it’s coming down. I know how much diet coke I drank, at least 1-2 2 liter bottles a day, and unquestionably this is what happened.

They are saying this scandal is going to be larger than the tobacco scandal. 60 minutes, and all major networks have been working on documentaries, and they have consistently back down because of litigation.Just enter aspartame, aspartame side effects, aspartame seizures, aspartame sudden cardiac arrest, diet coke side effects, etc. in google or yahoo and you can research it for yourself and see what studies have concluded.Some interesting links: http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/hidd...

How aspartame became legal http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm
http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.htmlhttp://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/asparta...
http://www.wnho.net/aspartamenews.htm World health organizationFor those who find this difficult to understand, there is a scientific reason for this. A genetic disorder called PKU phenylketonuria(which we are all screened for at birth) make the consumption of phenylalanine, an ingredient in aspartame deadly. People with PKU cannot use aspartame.

Carriers of the PKU gene are not effected with PKU, but can pass the gene on. Studies show that PKU carriers are much more succeptable to the adverse effects of aspartame. Ironically, these carriers are mostly decendents from Northern Europe, and PKU individuals usually have blue eyes. My grandparents are from Newfoundland, and Ireland, and I also have blue, blue eyes. (my best trait) This is interesting because the amount of PKU carriers in the US is in the millions, and my assumption (and those of biochemist) is that these are the individuals who suffer what I did when using aspartame.

Just an FYI, I’m not a quack. I‘m a successful business person who owns www.QuoteMeAPrice.com, www.PersonalsSites.com, www.HotAmericanSingles.com as well as www.HotLASingles.com, HotDallas, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home